Subject: TeXhax Digest V94 #02
From: [email-masked]
To: TeXhax Distribution: ;
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 1994 16:21:56 +0000

TeXhax Digest    Friday, 11 Mar 1994  Volume 94 : Issue 02

%  The TeXhax Digest is brought to you as a service of the TeX Users Group  %
%    and UK TeX Users Group in cooperation with the UK TeX Archive group    %

Today's Topics:
            Re: How to make Glossary during thesis writing
              Re: TeX support for the Kannada language?
                         LaTeX on Solaris 2.X
                       METAFONT under NextStep
                              special's
         A simple Latex question (flushing text (right|left))
       Re: A simple Latex question (flushing text (right|left))
                           TeX for the PC?
                         MF fonts and Windows

             [comp.text.tex] ps2pk version 1.4 available
              Excalibur 1.5 Available (Spelling Checker)
  [comp.text.tex] European [Dutch] Ispell 3.1.00 mirror + dictionary
                      web2c 6.1 et al. available
                    Re: web2c 6.1 et al. available
  LaTeX2e version of artikel?, rapport?, boek TEST version available
         [comp.text.tex] Graph-TeX 1.0beta available via ftp
   [comp.text.tex] gTeX 2.0 uploaded to ftp.shsu.edu (US CTAN host)
           [comp.text.tex] ANNOUNCE: The CTAN Software Map
               LaTeX2e -- Second Test Release Available
            web2c BIGTeX and METAFONT for DOS and Windows
          dviljk 1.0, dvipsk 5.528a, and xdvik 1.7 available
                [comp.text.tex] Eddi4TeX 1.20 is ready
                             EuroTeX '94

Administrivia:
    Moderators:    David Osborne and Peter Abbott
    Contributions: [email-masked]
    Administration, subscription and unsubscription requests:
                   [email-masked]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:    Mon, 31 Jan 1994 15:11:44 +0000
From:    [email-masked]
Subject: Re: How to make Glossary during thesis writing

In response to Ferose Lambay's question about glossary preparation, I can 
offer a simple wrapper that turns BibTeX into the glossary generation tool 
"GlossTex" (apologies if anyone has already used this name).

For the user, this works in much the same way as BibTeX, reading the auxiliary 
file (.aux) and using database files (.gly) plus a style file (.gst) to 
produce a glossary (.gls) that can be incorporated in subsequent LaTeX runs.  
User commands for the LaTeX source are provided in a style file (.sty) in the 
normal manner.

GlossTeX is implemented as a shell script which uses all the usual UNIX tricks 
to manipulate the input and output of standard (0.99c) BibTeX. It should run 
on any sensible UNIX machine although it was developed on System V Release 4.  
The LaTeX style file is based on 2.09 of 7 Dec 1989 and may need some 
tinkering for more recent versions - I haven't checked.

If this looks useful then please mail me direct for the script plus supporting 
files, examples and manual page.

------------------------------

Date:    Tue, 01 Feb 1994 17:58:19 +0000
From:    Manuel Carriba <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: TeX support for the Kannada language?

Tonse Raju <[email-masked]> writes on Wed, 29 Dec 1993 11:30:07 -0600:

> Can anyone tell me if there is a program on Tex to write in
> Kannada, a South Indian language? 

What you need is macro style file. Get the babel system in 
CTAN:./tex-archive/language/babel.

Copy the file 'skeleton.doc' and rename it to 'kannada.doc'.  Then edit
the latter file translating all the language specific bits into the
Kannada language. In the original file they are in English.

Once done, send a copy to the author of babel for inclusion in the next
release.

Have fun!
Manuel Carriba ([email-masked]) 

------------------------------

Date:    Wed, 02 Feb 1994 15:39:37 -0800
From:    [email-masked] (Pravin V. Tulachan)
Subject: LaTeX on Solaris 2.X

Does anyone know of a site that have Tex/LaTeX sources that have been compiled
to work under Solaris 2.X on Sparcstations. thanks
- --pravin

------------------------------

Date:    Mon, 07 Feb 1994 01:33:25 +0100
From:    Joerg R Gollnick <[email-masked]>
Subject: METAFONT under NextStep

>  I wounder if anyone knows how to run METAFONT under NextStep. I am having
> a difficulty on producing any font.
> 
> Does anyone have any idea of how to start ?
> 
> Abdul Rayhan

I don't know NextStep very well, but as far as I know there is a somewhat
"normal" UNIX system hidden behind the graphical user interface. I think
if your MetaFont package and how it is installed is like all the other
UNIX-based systems you should be able to "go down" to the UNIX level and
invoke your MetaFont using shell commands. What are the "README" or "INSTALL"
files saying which came along with the package ? (I have written some C-Shell
script to automate the boring font building process on my UNIX system...)

May be there is a GUI shell for invoking TeX and MetaFont on your system as
part of the TeX/MetaFont package and you just haven't noticed that. (On my
Atari at home I have a nice graphical shell which was part of the package I
use.)

May be the DVI driver you have to get on-screen previews has the ability to
build the missing font files used in your document but not on available (you
must have at least the TFM files for this to work).

May be you will find on TeX/MetaFont providing internet sites GUI shells and
DVI driver capable of automated font building...

Regards,
Joerg R. Gollnick

------------------------------

Date:    Tue, 22 Feb 1994 11:29:03 +0700
From:    Zdenek Wagner <[email-masked]>
Subject: special's

Hello TeX friends,
I have just observed strange behaviour. I was trying to fine tune the
positioning of my EPSF pictures. They needed a special postscript prolog, so I
used:
 
\special{header=gnudict.pro}
 
in the preamble of the LaTeX2e document (it was LaTeX2e as of Dec 1993). In
order not to spend much time on texing I put the each picture definition into
its own file and fine tuned one picture at a time. The picture started with
 
\begin{figure}[p]
 
and the document looked like:
 
\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{epsf}
\special{header=gnudict.pro}
\begin{document}
\input{myfig}
\end{document}
... the rest of the document commented out by the previous line
 
The result was that the specials for EPSF inclusion worked but
\special{header=gnudict.pro} silently disappeared. Dvitype revealed that it
did not get into the dvi file.
 
When I processed the whole text, all \special's were put into the dvi file as
expected.
 
I have some explanation for that mystery. Please correct me, if I am wrong.
 
When TeX encounters a \special, it makes a `whatsit' and puts it into MVL (The
TeXbook, pp. 228--229). Then LaTeX2e reads in the myfig.tex file which
contains only the definition of a figure. \end{document} then somehow invokes
the output routine. Now LaTeX2e finds a non-processed float which takes the
whole page. It sends the float to the dvi file but the `whatsit' remains in
the MVL. Then it should process the last unfinished page but there is no `ink'
on it, nothing to print, there is only the `whatsit'. Thence TeX or LaTeX2e
forgets about it and the `whatsit' is not written to the dvi file.
 
I must admit that it took me a long time reading the documentation of DVIPS
and looking at \special's in epsf.sty and everything looked like unexplainable
mystery until I found the following sentence on p. 228 of The TeXbook:
 
``Therefore it (=whatsit) is implicitely associated with a particular position
on the page, namely the reference point that would have been present if a box
of height, depth, and width zero hade appeared in place of the whatsit.''
 
Can someone explain whether this is caused by LaTeX2e or by TeX itself and
whether it is a bug or a feature?
 
Oh! As I was writing this mail, it got into my mind to try the simple file
 
\special{header=gnudict.pro}
\bye
 
and run it through plain TeX. The dvi file contained the empty page but the
\special was there too!
 
Regards
 
,%%%/        /`               /     /|      /%%%
   /        /           |_/  /__/  ' |     /
  /     /%%/ /%%/ /%%/ /%%/ /\       | /| / /%%/ /%%/ /%%/ /%%/ /%%%
 /   , /  / /%%% /  / /%%% /  \      |/ |/ /  /_/  / /  / /%%% /
 %%%%  %%%  %%% '  '  %%% '    `     '  '  %%%  %%/ '  '  %%% '
                              Zdenek Wagner______/
 
Some gateway between me and you may garble backslash. It will appear
on your screen as % due to problems with EBCDIC <--> ASCII conversion.
It has already been corrected on SOME gateways.
 
The domain `.cs' does no longer exist and was replaced by `.cz'.
Valid addresses are:     <[email-masked]>
                         <[email-masked]>
                                           ~~

------------------------------

Date:    Wed, 02 Mar 1994 15:17:44 -0500
From:    [email-masked] (Giovanni Aliberti)
Subject: A simple Latex question (flushing text (right|left))

I want LaTex to produce this (On the same line !!):

  XXX....                                             ....YYY
  ^------------- Left margin      Right margin -------------^

I tried using the following:

     XXX... \flushright{....YYY}\\

But it split the text across 2 lines.

Any LaTeX buffs out there, that can suggest how to do it
in a simple way.

thanks in advance !!

- -vanni

------------------------------

Date:    Fri, 11 Mar 1994 16:12:00 +0000
From:    David Osborne <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: A simple Latex question (flushing text (right|left)) 

You write [2 Mar 1994 15:17:44 EST]:

 > I want LaTex to produce this (On the same line !!):
 > 
 >   XXX....                                             ....YYY
 >   ^------------- Left margin   Right margin -------------^
 > 
 > I tried using the following:
 > 
 >      XXX... \flushright{....YYY}\\
 > 
 > But it split the text across 2 lines.

What about

XXX\hfill YYY

?

(See the example in Lamport's LaTeX book, page 96).

~~David Osborne
  Cripps Computing Centre, University of Nottingham
  mail: [email-masked]
  http://www.nott.ac.uk/people/dao/David.html

------------------------------

Date:    Fri, 04 Mar 1994 14:26:31 -0600
From:    [email-masked] (Tom Williams)
Subject: TeX for the PC?

Is there a version of TeX for the PC?  Can I get it via anonymous ftp?

Thanks for any info you can provide.  

Tom Williams
[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date:    Fri, 11 Mar 1994 08:27:33 +0000
From:    [email-masked]
Subject: MF fonts and Windows

>Internal radiophysics.com LAN RFC 822 headers
>From evans Thu Mar 10 15:07:57 1994
>Return-Path: <evans>
>Received: from saturn.RPI by jupiter.RPI (4.1/SMI-4.1)
>       id AA21141; Thu, 10 Mar 94 15:07:56 MST
>Date: Thu, 10 Mar 94 15:07:56 MST
>From: evans
>Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
>To: <interput>"in%""[email-masked]"""
>Subject: MF fonts and Windows

The facts:

1. I am a writer;
2. I _really_ like TeX and MF, and in fact do all my serious writing on a PC
using TeX. When necessary, I design my own fonts in MF. I especially like
the cmtt fonts which, with good TeX macros, produce copy almost identical to 
typewritten without my having to worry about the formatting details. This
makes life easy for both me and the for the editors who have to read my stuff.

3. On the other hand, for short notes and letters, it's hard to beat a nice
Windows Word Processor.

So this leads me directly to want MF fonts usable in Windows (both on the
screen and on 300 dpi laser output). 

I don't care if they are scalable (i.e. I'd be quite happy to choose from
a small fixed set of sizes produced by some sort of pk2fon program); if they
are scalable, I don't care if they are TT or PS as I run the current release
of ATM. (In principal, since both PS and MF use bezier curves, I suppose
it ought to be possible to take MF source and produce PS fonts, although I
wouldn't like the job of making such a program actually work.) I don't care
about the number of intervening stages and programs necessary to get from
PK to PS/TT/FON/whatever. What I would like to know is HOW to get there
from here. It's got to be possible, and I'm almost certain that the necessary
programs have to be available somewhere; it's just that I'haven't come across
them.

I will post a summary of any helpful replies I receive.
Thanks.
  Doc Evans

  [email-masked]

------------------------------

Date:    26 Jan 1994 15:46:04 +0100
From:    [email-masked] (Piet Tutelaers)
Subject: [comp.text.tex] ps2pk version 1.4 available

                        Ps2pk 1.4 release
                        -----------------
                           (Jan. 1994)

Some time ago Norman Walsh <[email-masked]> sent me some patches so
that ps2pk can handle larger and more complicated fonts. Most of these
patches had to do with memory limitations in version 1.3. These
limitations and some other bugs are now removed. Here is a short
summary:
   1) Memory allocation made dynamically
      1.1 in computing runlengths (needed to build PK fonts)
      1.2 in scanning type1 fonts (to overcome `fixed' virtual memory)
   2) Problem with handling Lucida font (negative widths) solved
   3) Improved error handling in scanning AFM files
   4) Provided hooks to handle non 32-bit platforms
   5) Some cleanups
   6) Improved Makefiles.

- -- Piet

internet: [email-masked]       __o      Piet Tutelaers
bitnet: [email-masked]   _`\<,_     Computer Center       Room  RC 1.90
phone:    +31 (0)40 474541   (_)/ (_)    Eindhoven University of  Technology
fax:      +31 (0)40 434438  Save nature  P.O. Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, NL

Version 1.4 of ps2pk is now available on:
   ftp.urc.tue.nl (address: 131.155.2.79)
   directory:    /pub/tex
   files:        ps2pk14.readme         (  9k)
                 ps2pk14.tar.gz         (237k)    Sources

   For MSDOS people having difficulties in handling UNIX `.tar.gz'
   format I have made some UNIX tools (only executables) available
   in directories:
      /pub/unixtools/dos

   See the system specific TARGZ file for some help.

   Ftp.urc.tue.nl can not handle E-mail requests. But sites are free
   to put the ps2pk14 stuff on any server that can.

   I have made read-to-go 1.4 executables for MSDOS available in:
      pub/tex/ps2pk14x/msdos/djgpp (created with DJGPP/gcc)
                       msdos/emx   (created with EMX/gcc)

The package is also available on any CTAN archive in:
   fonts/utilities/ps2pk14.readme
   fonts/utilities/ps2pk14.tar.gz
   fonts/utilities/ps2pk14x

------------------------------

Date:    Mon, 31 Jan 1994 11:15:22 -0500
From:    [email-masked] (Rick Zaccone)
Subject: Excalibur 1.5 Available (Spelling Checker)

Version 1.5 of Excalibur is now available from sol.cs.bucknell.edu in
pub/mac.  I've also sent it to CTAN.  Here's a copy of the README file
that comes with it.
- ----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is release 1.5 of Excalibur. 1/14/94

Excalibur is a Macintosh spelling checker for LaTeX documents. You can
optionally turn off LaTeX parsing, so Excalibur is a good plain text
spelling checker too.

Features include:

- - Excalibur will offer suggestions for how to correct a word.

- - Excalibur can spell check the clipboard. This makes it a good
spelling checker for any text based application such as Alpha, BBEdit,
or Eudora.

- - You can teach it about new LaTeX commands and environments that 
you define.

- - Optionally spell checks text in the typewriter (\tt) font.

- - You can create your own dictionaries.

- - Works with Textures and OzTeX documents. It should work on any TEXT file.

- - You will need System 6.0.4 or higher to run Excalibur.

- - If you are running System 7 or greater, there is balloon help. 

- - Excalibur is free.

- - British, Dutch, French, Germain, and Italian dictionaries are also
available.

Version 1.5 changes:

- - Added options that let the user choose how Excalibur should behave
when you launch it.  You may choose to present an "open file" dialog,
open the clipboard if it has text, or do nothing.  When the clipboard
option is checked, Excalibur will also open the clipboard when it
receives a resume event (if it contains text).

- - Adjusted a few of the dialogs so that they all appear and behave
consistently.  Hitting Return or Enter is the same as clicking the
default button.  Command period is the same as cancel.

- - Made some changes so that Excalibur's interactions with Alpha are
smoother.

- - Fixed the Edit Commands dialog so that it is a bit more intuitive.

- - Fixed the Edit Environments dialog so that you no longer enter the
number of arguments.  Excalibur never used these values anyway.

- - You can now drag Excalibur's windows to another monitor.

- - Fixed a few minor bugs.

Rick Zaccone
[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date:    01 Feb 1994 16:13:28 +0100
From:    [email-masked] (Johan Vromans)
Subject: [comp.text.tex] European [Dutch] Ispell 3.1.00 mirror + dictionary
Keywords: ispell spelling checker

Ispell 3.1.00 is being mirrored to ftp.NL.net, directory
pub/textproc/ispell. 

Also available is a dutch word list, based on the "Woordenboek der
Nederlandse Taal" a.k.a. "Het Groene Boekje" that uses ISO-8859-1
(Latin-1) encoding, suitable for ispell.
It is in pub/textproc/dictionaries/dutch8.words.gz.

 ----------------- New address as of November 1, 1993 -------------------------
Johan Vromans                   [email-masked]                 [email-masked]
Stichting NLnet                                          Phone: +31 20 5924245
Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands          Fax: +31 20 6655311

------------------------------

Date:    Fri, 04 Feb 1994 13:42:59 -0500
From:    "K. Berry" <[email-masked]>
Subject: web2c 6.1 et al. available

I've released version 6.1 of web2c, a port of the basic TeX
project web programs (TeX, Metafont, GFtoPK, etc.) to Unix, 
and my modified drivers (dvipsk and xdvik).

You can get everything by ftp from:

      (Boston) ftp.cs.umb.edu:pub/tex/{lib,web,web2c,dvipsk,xdvik}.tar.gz

Soon they will be available from the CTAN sites (please try them first):

       (Texas) ftp.shsu.edu
     (England) ftp.tex.ac.uk         
     (Germany) ftp.uni-stuttgart.de

See the ftp retrieval instructions below for precise details. 

A summary of the changes is below.  Send bug reports to me (I'm sure
there will be plenty). If you want support, or if you cannot ftp, I
suggest contacting [email-masked].

There are no changes to the web files (that will be version 7.0);
web-6.1.tar.gz is only different in the name of its top-level directory.

[email-masked]
Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- write [email-masked].

lib is a collection of the basic tfm, tex, mf, and bibtex files
  (in my opinion). Only change from 6.0 is to add the raw tfm's for Utopia.

web2c:
* foo.bar found before foo.tex (found before foo).
* configure links sun.c to sun-sunview.c if SUNWIN is defined.
* -DLONG_64_BITS is supplied automatically (if appropriate).
* Various changes for configure --srcdir.
* Sample MakeTeX* scripts included.

dvipsk:
* Don't complain if scaled fonts are close enough.
* Document -pp.

There are no particular xdvik changes; just keeping up with the kpathsea
fixes.

[FTP.nwc: 02 FEB 1994

 The most up-to-date copy of this file is available on ftp.cs.umb.edu 
 (158.121.104.33) in pub/tex/FTP.nwc.

 If the info below does not match up with what you find on the archives,
 please let us know.  Thanks!  -- [email-masked].]

=========================================================================
     TeX programs are user-supported: join the TeX Users Group (TUG)
            and support the development of these programs.
                For membership information, send mail to
                           [email-masked].
=========================================================================

                        FTP INSTRUCTIONS

Most people who get in touch with the Unix TeX distribution at the Univ.
of Washington are aiming to install plain TeX, LaTeX, BibTeX, plain
Metafont, a previewer that will work under the X windowing system, and a
PostScript device driver.  While the ftp sites listed below have just
about everything useful for users of TeX on a variety of operating
systems, our retrieval instructions -- intended solely for users with
machines running Unix -- are limited to the programs mentioned above.

The three ftp sites mentioned below are part of the Comprehensive TeX 
Archive Network (CTAN).  

    CTAN is the result of cooperative work among members of TUG,
    DANTE [German-speaking TeX Users Group], and UKTUG [U.K. TeX 
    Users Group], under the leadership of George Greenwade, Chair 
    for TUG's Technical Working Group on TeX Archive Guidelines.

    Special thanks to George Greenwade for establishing the CTAN site 
    at Sam Houston State University (US); to Rainer Schoepf, Barbara Burr,
    and members of DANTE for the CTAN site at the University of Stuttgart 
    (FRG); and to Sebastian Rahtz for the CTAN site at Aston University (UK).
    These archives mirror each other meticulously.
    
Please use the host nearest you: 

    Host                        Internet address        TeX root dir
    ----                        ----------------        ------------
    ftp.shsu.edu                192.92.115.10           tex-archive
    ftp.tex.ac.uk               134.151.44.19           tex-archive
    ftp.dante.de                128.69.1.12             tex-archive

Users of ftp.tex.ac.uk or ftp.dante.de will be able to retrieve
the same tex-archive files, but site-specific files (i.e., the two
mentioned in the next paragraph) may be named differently.

Upon logging on (to ftp.shsu.edu), retrieve and read 

    README.archive-features and
    README.site-commands 

to learn how to use the archive efficiently.  

We assume that you will have read these documents and will be able to
use the information in them to make retrieval more convenient for yourself.

    For example, by reading these files, you will learn that you will be
    able to retrieve foo.tar.gz even if the file does not exist, because
    the ftpd allows archiving and compressing files on the fly.

In our instructions, the mode of compression used during retrieval is
gzip.  All files ending in .gz are gzipped.

We encourage you to retrieve and install GNU's gunzip utility, part of
the gzip package.  Set "binary" by typing "bi" at your ftp prompt, and
retrieve the file

    ~/tex-archive/archive-tools/info-zip/gzip-<version>.tar

It does a better job of compression than standard Unix compress; and it
is (as far as is known) patent-free. It is illegal to use Unix compress
for software on the net, because it infringes on a software patent.

     To inform yourself about the new software monopolies 
                in the U.S., send mail to the 
               League for Programming Freedom: 
                      [email-masked]


For a basic set of input files and fonts:
- ----------------------------------------

        ftp> cd tex-archive/systems/web2c
        ftp> bi                                 [for binary retrieval]
        ftp> get lib.tar.gz

    This file contains a small collection of fonts (TFM files only),
    (La)TeX macros, MF macros, and BibTeX files, enough to get
    started. The AMS fonts and macros are included.

    It unpacks into a directory named `texmf', which you will want in
    your equivalent of /usr/local/lib -- whatever you defined as your
    $(datadir) in the Makefiles.

    The organization of the archive was debated at great length. We hope
    it will be useful. If you don't like our organization, you should
    move the files around as you see fit, not forgetting to redefine the
    search paths and installation directories. The Makefiles,
    kpathsea/HIER, kpathsea/paths.h.in, and web2c/README (``Directory
    hierarchies'') have more tidbits of information.

    We advise unpacking this and deciding on your directory structure
    *before* doing the compilations.


For web2c:
- ---------

   Special thanks here to Karl Berry, Unix System Coordinator for TUG.
   He improves/develops/maintains web2c, modes.mf, dvipsk, and xdvik
   (and other things not mentioned in this file).  He also maintains
   pub/tex on ftp.cs.umb.edu, which is the originating location for all
   the files above and below.

        [still in tex-archive/systems/web2c]

        ftp> get web.tar.gz     [Knuth's WEB sources for TeX, MF, & family:
                                 unpacks into ./web2c-<version>]

        ftp> get web2c.tar.gz   [WEB-to-C source:
                                 unpacks into ./web2c-<version>]

   It is important to retrieve and unpack both web.tar.gz and web2c.tar.gz.
   They unbundle into a single directory called ./web2c-<version>.

   The web2c software converts the WEB source files (in which TeX,
   Metafont, & family are written) to C source.  The input and font
   files are needed to dump the format and base files required to run 
   plain TeX, LaTeX, and Metafont.


For an X window system previewer (xdvik) 
- -------------------------------
   and PostScript device driver (dvipsk):
   -------------------------------------
                
        ftp> cd ../../dviware/xdvik
        ftp> get xdvik.tar.gz   
                [unpacks into ./xdvik-<version>]

        ftp> cd ../dvipsk
        ftp> get dvipsk.tar.gz
                [unpacks into dvipsk-<version>]

        ftp> cd ../../fonts/cm/pk
        ftp> get pk300.zip
                [Basic set of bitmapped fonts generated by Metafont
                 using the CanonCX mode_def for write-black 300dpi devices.
                 
                 If using the web2c default search paths,
                 place this set of Computer Modern bitmapped fonts
                 in $(fontdir)/public/cm/pk/cx.

                 These pk fonts are not strictly necessary;
                 dvips and xdvi can be used with a script called 
                 `MakeTeXPK' to generate needed bitmapped fonts.  
                 Use $(fontdir)/tmp/pk/cx as the temporary destination 
                 directory for newly-generated 300dpi write-black fonts.

                 The zip/unzip package is in 
                 ~/tex-archive/archive-tools/info-zip.]

        ftp> get pk300w.zip
                [Bitmapped fonts generated using the 
                 RicohFourZeroEightZero mode_def;
                 pk300w (write-white) fonts are better with xdvi
                 at lower magnifications.

                 If using the web2c default search paths,
                 place these in $(fontdir)/public/cm/pk/ricoh.

                 If using MakeTeXPK to generate 300dpi write-white fonts, 
                 use $(fontdir)/tmp/pk/ricoh as the temporary destination 
                 directory for newly-generated 300dpi write-white fonts.]

        ftp> quit                       [end ftp session]

We believe this covers the retrieval of the essential files.  

Each of the three packages -- web2c, xdvik, dvipsk -- contains its own
installation instructions.  If you have never set up these programs before,
compile web2c first (that is to say, the material in both web.tar.gz and 
web2c.tar.gz, unpacked); begin by reading ./web2c-<version>/web2c/README
and ./web2c-<version>/web2c/INSTALL.  Remember to set up your texmf
directory hierarchy before embarking on your compilation (see "For a 
basic set of input files and fonts" above).

All installation processes require careful attention to detail, and knowledge 
of your system.  "Make haste slowly", and you improve your chances of success.


How to make web2c, dvipsk, and xdvik in a single make:
- -----------------------------------------------------
[Thanks to Martyn Johnson, Pierre MacKay, Jon Peatfield, and Andreas Schott
 for their notes.]

These three programs are not packaged together, because the latter two 
are updated fairly frequently.  But (thanks to Karl's work), the programs 
can be made in a single make:

        Extract the three archives so that the following directories
        are parallel to each other: 

                ./dvipsk-<version> 
                ./web2c-<version> 
                ./xdvik-<version>

        Next:

                mv dvipsk-<version>/dvipsk web2c-<version>

                mv xdvik-<version>/xdvik web2c-<version>
        
        ./web2c-<version> should now contain four subdirectories:
        dvipsk, kpathsea, web2c, and xdvik.

The files remaining in ./dvipsk-<version> and ./xdvik-<version> 
are identical in all three archives.  If you wish, you can now 
remove ./dvipsk-<version> and ./xdvik-<version>.  If you wish to 
retain the names and versions of the programs, you can create the 
following symbolic links:

        ln -s web2c-<version> dvipsk-<version>

        ln -s web2c-<version> xdvik-<version>

Be sure to read web2c-<version>/README, web2c-<version>/web2c/INSTALL,
web2c-<version>/dvipsk/INSTALL, and web2c-<version>/xdvik/INSTALL.

Make sure that you have completed the instructions in the section above
called "For a basic set of input files and fonts".

You are now ready to begin configuring and building the programs.        


Network users interested in TeX software will find much that is useful in 
the following FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) documents on rtfm.mit.edu
(18.70.0.209) in ~pub/usenet/comp.text.tex:

        T,_L,_e.:_F_A_Q_w_A_[M] 
                (i.e., TeX, LaTeX, etc.: FAQ with Answers [Monthly])

There is also a supplement to the FAQ containing FTP locations; it's in
the same place on rtfm.mit.edu.

A beautifully done index of macros for TeX and LaTeX is available on 
theory.lcs.mit.edu (18.52.0.92) in ~/pub/tex/TeX-index.

These files are all included in ftp.cs.umb.edu:pub/tex/src.tar.gz.

- ------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are concerned about connect-time, search or retrieval problems,
or require help in building and installing the basic TeX/LaTeX and
Metafont programs on your machines, you may wish to consider ordering 
a distribution tape from us (address below).

A distribution fee in the area of $210 for domestic U.S. sites covers
the expenses of putting together and maintaining the tape distribution, 
equipment, and of providing information and installation-support
services.  The University of Washington does not subsidize the Unix TeX
distribution and requires it to be self-sustaining.

E-mail queries concerning the distribution tape should be sent to: 

   [email-masked] 

otherwise to:  

   [email-masked]    (Dr. Pierre A. MacKay).

********************************************************************
ALL services of the Unix TeX distribution are funded by tape orders.
       Please do not be shy about asking us for information.

Northwest Computing Support Center   Email: [email-masked]
University of Washington, DR-10      Phone: 206 543-6259 M-F 8a-12n
Seattle WA  98195  USA
********************************************************************

------------------------------

Date:    Sat, 05 Feb 1994 14:37:15 +0100
From:    Gerhard Wilhelms <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: web2c 6.1 et al. available

Karl Berry writes:
> I've released version 6.1 of web2c, a port of the basic TeX
> project web programs (TeX, Metafont, GFtoPK, etc.) to Unix, 
> and my modified drivers (dvipsk and xdvik).
> 
> You can get everything by ftp from:
> 
>       (Boston) ftp.cs.umb.edu:pub/tex/{lib,web,web2c,dvipsk,xdvik}.tar.gz
> 
> Soon they will be available from the CTAN sites (please try them first):
> 
>        (Texas) ftp.shsu.edu
>      (England) ftp.tex.ac.uk         
>      (Germany) ftp.uni-stuttgart.de

The German CTAN site is now ftp.dante.de which is dedicated to TeX
and Metafont only. You could get everything from Stuttgart but you
have to share this FTP site with other users.

[stuff deleted]

Regards,

        Gerhard Wilhelms
_____________________________________________________________________
        University of Augsburg (Germany)
        Department of Mathematics - Computer Science
        Universitaetsstrasse 2
        D-86159 Augsburg                     Phone : +49 +821/598-2116 
        Internet: [email-masked]     Fax :          598-2200

------------------------------

Date:    Mon, 07 Feb 1994 11:23:30 +0100
From:    "Johannes L. Braams" <[email-masked]>
Subject: LaTeX2e version of artikel?, rapport?, boek TEST version available

    Hi,

        The NTG document styles artikel?, rapport? and boek have been
        upgraded to document classes for LaTeX2e.

        A test version is available from [email-masked] and
        from CTAN in the directory
        tex-archive/macros/latex2e/contrib/supported/ntgclass 
        (Note: today only on ftp.dante.de, within 24 hours also on the
        other CTAN hosts)

        The distribution currently contains 3 files, ntgclass.dtx (the
        source), ntgclass.ins (docstrip program to unpack) and
        ntgclass.tex (some documentation).

        When you find any bugs, please reporet them to me.

        Johannes Braams

PTT Research,                           P.O. box 421,
2260 AK Leidschendam,                   The Netherlands.
Phone    : +31 70 3325051               E-mail : [email-masked]
Fax      : +31 70 3326477

------------------------------

Date:    09 Feb 1994 13:09:43 +0100
From:    [email-masked] (John Pliam)
Subject: [comp.text.tex] Graph-TeX 1.0beta available via ftp
Keywords: figures, graphs, directed graphs, texdraw

                   Announcing Beta Release of Graph-TeX
                   ------------------------------------

Graph-TeX is a Perl script and library for typesetting directed and
undirected graphs.  It takes as input a .gt file which resembles an array
environment (it even more closely resembles the commutative diagram
environment of XY-pic).  Then it produces TeXdraw commands for inclusion
into an .tex file.

Complicated graphs can be quickly typeset producing high quality results.
Features include:

   - TeX labels well placed with respect to the labeled object.
   - Spade-like arrowheads which reduce the effect of postscript 
     inconsistencies (edge effects).
   - Bezier-curved edges and loops on which arrows and labels follow the 
     tangent.
   - Flexibility in redefining default attributes.

Graph-TeX was designed to support graphs possessing symmetries such as 
the Peterson graph or the Cayley graph of D_3.  In these, the vertex
positions are not so easily described within an array environment.  See 
the manual for more details.

                             --------------

To get the manual and source, ftp anonymously to ima.umn.edu, cd to
/pub/graphtex, and get graphtex1.0beta.tar.Z (in binary mode).  While I
am seeking beta testers to find bugs, I am also interested in people's
opinions about the aesthetic quality of the results.

 John O. Pliam                                      e-mail: [email-masked]
 Institute for Mathematics and its Applications        
 University of Minnesota                                Phone: (612) 624-4353

------------------------------

Date:    09 Feb 1994 13:10:07 +0100
From:    [email-masked] (Young U Ryu)
Subject: [comp.text.tex] gTeX 2.0 uploaded to ftp.shsu.edu (US CTAN host)

I uploaded gTeX 2.0 to US CTAN host, e.g. ftp.shsu.edu.
Currently, it is available from:

        /incoming/gtex/...

but, later it will be moved to:

        /tex-archive/system/msdos/gtex2

Young

=============================================
The following is from 00readme

                                gTeX 2.0

                                   by
                               Young U. Ryu

   +-----------------------------------------------------------------+
   | All included in this distribution are distributed as they are.  |
   | I and all people involved in programs in this distribution      |
   | are not responsible any possible damages or losses, directly or |
   | indirectly caused by any prorgram in this distribution.         |
   +-----------------------------------------------------------------+

gTeX 2.0 has the following:

        TeX 3.1415 (C version 6.0)
        Metafont 2.71 (C version 6.0)
        TeX Font Utils
        TeX Dvi Utils
        Makeindex 2.12
        BibTeX 0.99c (C version 6.0)
        DVIWIN 2.81
        DVIPS 5.526
        MicroEmacs for Windows 3.12
        AMSPELL

Included macros are:

        plain TeX
        LaTeX 2.09
        NFSS2 with AmSLaTeX
        LaTeX2e
        AmSTeX
        eplain (aka eTeX)

Installation of executables (and required files) and macros
is simplified so that all you should do is to run a bunch of
batch files.

TeX, Metafont, BibTeX, and Utility executables are created from
Karl Berry's Web & Web2c 6.0. Executables for DOS and Windows DOS
Box are generated by DJGPP/GCC 1.10. Executables for Windows/RSX
are generated by EMX/GCC 0.8g.

Enjoy ...

Young U. Ryu

------------------------------

Date:    10 Feb 1994 15:17:02 +0100
From:    [email-masked] (Norman Walsh)
Subject: [comp.text.tex] ANNOUNCE: The CTAN Software Map

Announcing the Comprehensive TeX Archive Network Software Map

The CTAN map is a WWW interface to CTAN (i.e. clients like XMosaic can
traverse the map interactively).  It is served from

  http://jasper.ora.com/

The map integrates a complete directory listing with David Jones' TeX index
and utility descriptions from my forthcoming book ``Making TeX Work''.
Keyword and date searches are also supported.

This is an experimental project but I plan to update it on a regular basis
and I have plans for extending the software descriptions.  Please remember,
however, that I have a real job too.

Your comments and suggestions would be most appreciated.

------------------------------

Date:    Mon, 14 Feb 1994 19:33:53 +0100
From:    [email-masked] (Rainer Schoepf)
Subject: LaTeX2e -- Second Test Release Available

             LaTeX2e -- Second Test Release Available

            Leslie Lamport and the LaTeX3 project team

                        14 February 1994

The second test release of LaTeX is now available.  Notes about this
release are at the end of this announcement.  The first release
revealed a few serious bugs and several other areas which need
attention.  Many people reported that documents and style files had
been processed by the new system without serious problems; this
includes one very important test -- the original text of `The LaTeX
Manual'!  We can also report that this release has been tested with
all the files in the LaTeX 2.09 test suite and produces only
predictable differences in the output.

First, here is the original announcement
- ----------------------------------------

LaTeX2e is the new standard version of LaTeX -- prepared and supported
by the LaTeX3 project team.  It is upwardly compatible with LaTeX 2.09
documents, but contains new features.

Over the years many extensions of LaTeX have been developed.  This is,
of course, a welcome development, since it shows that the LaTeX system
is in a healthy state.  It has, however, had one unfortunate
consequence: there are now several incompatible systems, in the sense
of format (.fmt) files, all claiming to be LaTeX.  Therefore, in order
to process documents coming from various places, a site maintainer
needs to provide several format files: LaTeX (with and without NFSS),
SLiTeX, AmSLaTeX, and so on.  In addition, when looking at a source
file it is not always clear for which format the document was written.

LaTeX2e puts an end to this unsatisfactory situation -- it will give
access to all such extensions based on a single format and thus end
the proliferation of mutually incompatible dialects of LaTeX 2.09.

It uses an enhanced version (NFSS2) of the New Font Selection Scheme.
Files such as amstex.sty (formerly the AmSLaTeX format) or slides.sty
(formerly the SLiTeX format) will become extension packages, all
working with this single format.

The introduction of this new version will also make it possible to add
a small number of often-requested features (such as extended versions
of \newcommand).

To summarize:

 * Standardisation: a single format incorporating NFSS2, to replace
                 the present multiplicity of incompatible formats --
                 NFSS, lfonts, pslfonts, etc. 

*  Maintenance: a standardised system supported by a reliable
                 maintenance policy.

LaTeX2e adheres, as far as possible, to the following principles:

 * Unmodified version 2.09 document files can be processed with
   LaTeX2e.

 * All new features of LaTeX2e conform to the conventions of version
   2.09, making it as easy as possible for current users to learn to
   use them.

LaTeX2e is described in a new edition of `LaTeX: A Document Preparation
System' by Leslie Lamport (to appear during 1994) and `The LaTeX
Companion' by Goossens, Mittelbach and Samarin, both published by
Addison-Wesley.

LaTeX2e will be distributed twice a year.  This distribution is a
preliminary test release, and doesn't contain all of the files that
will be part of the full release.  In particular, it does not contain
the planned extensions in the area of graphics inclusion.

The first full release will be available in Spring 1994.

This is a test release, so please get it and test it on as many
different systems as possible!

Getting the second test release
- -------------------------------
LaTeX2e can be retrieved by anonymous ftp from the CTAN archives:

   ftp.tex.ac.uk  /tex-archive/macros/latex2e/core
   ftp.shsu.edu   /tex-archive/macros/latex2e/core
   ftp.dante.de   /tex-archive/macros/latex2e/core

Bug reports
- -----------
Please report any problems with LaTeX2e by using the report-generating
program latexbug.tex, included in the LaTeX2e distribution.  Error
reports should be sent to the following e-mail address:

   [email-masked]

Help for style/package/class file maintainers
- ---------------------------------------------
We shall be producing a short document summarising the changes that
may be needed in order to turn a style file for old LaTeX into a class
or package file.  To get the latest information on this subject or to
report problems, please send a message to the following address:

   [email-masked]

Please ensure that it starts with the following line *exactly*:

>Category: latex-class-writing

If you want a prompt and useful reply, please make your message as
short and precise as possible.

Notes on the second test release
- --------------------------------

- -- Only the straightforward bugs and the serious bugs found in the
   first release have been fixed; other problems are still being
   worked on.  Some of the reports uncovered features of the original
   LaTeX which some consider to be bugs; whether these should be
   `fixed' is not always clear.

- -- There are thus several areas, including things arising from bug
   reports, on which we are still working.

- -- The details of the distribution, unpacking etc are still under
   development.

- -- The details of the typography in the standard classes is not
   finalised.

- -- The precise functionality of the compatibility mode is not fixed.

- -- Still no graphics package!

Warning
- -------
If you have installed the first release then you must remove it
completely and start again.  This is because there are many small
differences, including new file names, and because the installation
procedure now behaves  differently.

For the LaTeX3 Project
- ----------------------
Johannes Braams
David Carlisle
Alan Jeffrey
Frank Mittelbach
Chris Rowley
Rainer Sch\"opf

------------------------------

Date:    Mon, 21 Feb 1994 11:30:07 +0000
From:    "Wayne G. Sullivan" <[email-masked]>
Subject: web2c BIGTeX and METAFONT for DOS and Windows

DJ Delorie's port of GNU C (djgpp available from oak.oakland.edu in
pub/msdos/djgpp : be sure to get the dj111m1, m2 ,m3; and from simtel20
mirrors) make is straightforward to compile the web2c-6.1 on 386+ PC's
under DOS. Delorie's DOS extender will run under Windows 3.1, so the
EXEs can be used in a DOS Window. To save repeated effort in setting the
parameters, I have prepared "web2pc02.zip" which is available in the
web2c directory of CTAN. You need web2c-6.1 and web-6.1 as well.
CTAN directory: tex-archive/systems/unix/web2c
 
If your system uses the sbTeX direstory structure, you can avail of the
compiled versions of TeX and METAFONT contained in systems/msdos/sbtex/
sb39tm01.zip.

------------------------------

Date:    Fri, 04 Mar 1994 15:52:10 -0500
From:    "K. Berry" <[email-masked]>
Subject: dviljk 1.0, dvipsk 5.528a, and xdvik 1.7 available

I've released version 1.0 of dviljk, a modified version of
   Gustaf Neumann's dvi2xx driver (version 0.51a9) for HP LaserJet printers,
and also new versions of dvipsk
   (my modified version of Tom Rokicki's dvips)
and xdvik
   (ditto ditto Paul Vojta's xdvi).

You can get them by ftp:
      ftp.cs.umb.edu:pub/tex/{xdvik,dvipsk,dviljk}.tar.gz
Soon they should be on the ctan hosts as well, in tex-archive/dvi.

Aside from kpathsea-ification and Autoconf-ization, dviljk also supports
the LaserJet 4 builtin fonts (thanks to Norm Walsh, who built the actual
TeX TFM's from HP TFM's). (The alpha9 version of the original dvi2xx
also does so, and Eberhard Mattes' dvi-to-lj driver will probably do so
also in the near future, so you aren't stuck with my idiosyncratic
software just to use the builtin fonts.)

The external ls-R database below isn't optimal yet -- the list of font
directories still winds up being built, because of searches for
nonexistent vf files. I'll address this next time out.

Here's the NEWS for the other releases:

kpathsea 1.7
* Searches can use an externally-built ls-R ``database'', for speed.
* `VPATH = .' lines removed from generated Makefile, for broken Sun make.
* A path foo//tfm finds foo/tfm as well as foo/*/tfm.

xdvik 1.7 (1 March 1994)
* Use DEFAULT_FIG_PATH, instead of DEFAULT_TEX_PATH (they are the same
  by default, anyway). 
* EPS displays take the magnification into account (thanks to Jon Peatfield).
* EPS displays support the angle option from psfig 1.10 (thanks to Uwe Bon).
* The Metafont mode for MakeTeXPK can be set via the command line, an X
  resource, an environment variable, or at compile-time.
* Support for the SelFile widget (thanks to Jon Peatfield).
* XDVIFONTS only overrides font-related paths, not all paths.

dvipsk 5.528a
* DVIPSFONTS only overrides font-related paths.
* By default, append mode to MakeTeXPK installation directory.
* Update for dvips 5.528.

Happy TeXing,
[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date:    09 Mar 1994 14:57:49 +0100
From:    [email-masked]
Subject: [comp.text.tex] Eddi4TeX 1.20 is ready

         Programpublication 'Eddi4TeX Version 1.2 dating 15.02.1994'

                Eddi4TeX - Editor and Shell for DOS and OS/2

(I am sorry for my poor english)

During german TeX-meeting DANTE '94 in Muenster I presented the new version
of my program. In the following the features are listed briefly:

- - the name is Eddi4TeX (say: Eddi-For-TeX) says a lot: an editor for working
  with TeX with an integrated development environment
- - windows, several texts at a time
- - float-text: the text is wrapped automatically and the resulting paragraph
  structure is saved in a TeX-fitting format, when loading a text, this
  information still exists, the fraying out of texts belongs to history
* within the text commands, comments, braces and environment-borders are
  stained to improve the readability of the text enormously
* Macros: macro-recorder, commandsequences, textblocks, interactivity,
  decision, jumps
* using OS/2 macros can pause until erxternal programs are terminated,
  the positioning of PM-Windows can be controlled, in the OS/2-version the
  640K-limit has fallen
* environmentvariable E4TOPT
* switching the menus and messages to english, an english version of the
  helpfiles will follow if YOU show your interest in the program
- - search, search&replace, go to line, sorting, color-adjustment, backupfiles
  temporaryfiles, screenprotector, ...
- - blockoperations for areas of text and columns of tables
- - online-helpsystem on the program (german only)
- - online-helpsystem including syntaxinformation on LaTeX (german only)
- - creating own helpfiles can be done comfortably using the included program
- - registrating any programs you want
- - analyse of the LOG-file, showing the errormessages, jumping to
  errorpositions, works also in files via \input, several errors
- - related braces are blinking
- - analysing braces without parnters
- - 30-pages manual as DVI-file (german only)
* shareware-fullversion

Changes on the installation description:

- - please check [Options/Register/Help/Change/LaTeX & TeX] when using DEMO.RES

- - trying to print the manual using publicTeX you have to copy some fonts to
  different names (lcirclew10)

Problems:

- - if you should have any problems installing or using the program please do
  NOT write public mails in any newsgroups, but try to contact me via e-mail
  personally

Availability:

- - in a few days the program should be available from ftp.dante.de in
  /pub/tex/systems/msdos/e4t under the name of E4T120.EXE

- - BBS SkateBox
  telefon  : +49-5175-31324  limit    : no limit on this login
  online   : 20.00-14.00     filearea : 0501 (directory /TeX/TeX-Soft)
  emulation: ANSI            file     : !E4T120.EXE, selfextracting
  username : TeXsauger       size     : 0.6 megabyte
  password : TeX

- - send a formatted disk including an international postal return coupon
  address : Ulrich Jahnz
            Alte Landwehr 2b
            38114 BRAUNSCHWEIG
            GERMANY
  e-mail  : [email-masked]

------------------------------

Date:    Fri, 25 Feb 1994 18:40:52 +0700
From:    Wlodek Bzyl <[email-masked]>
Subject: EuroTeX '94

Below I include an announcement about EuroTeX conference.
Would you be so kind as include it in the following
TeXhax issue.

- --Wlodek.

Internet e-mail: [email-masked]

============================================================================
EuroTeX '94   EuroTeX '94   EuroTeX '94   EuroTeX '94   EuroTeX '94  EuroTeX
============================================================================

Is North America too far / too expensive / too alien a culture?
Then come to EuroTeX '94, _the_ TeX conference of the year.
EuroTeX will take place at Sobieszewo on an idyllic island off
the coast of Gdansk in Poland.  The conference will run from Monday
September 26th to Friday September 30th, and the _maximum_ cost
(based on two persons sharing) will not exceed $260-00 / sterling
175-00 / DM 450-00.  Those arriving early on Monday will be able
to take part in a guided tour of the old town of Gdansk, whilst
Tuesday to Thursday will be jam-packed with talks and tutorials 
on TeX and related topics. 

All delegates will be accommodated in a single building, and for
the whole week will be cut off from civilisation: no
distractions, no need to leave the island: everything will be
provided.  For those unable to sustain the pace, quiet meditative
walks along the shore searching for amber will provide the ideal
opportunity for therapeutic meditation. 

Papers are solicited _now_, and early registration for the 
conference is advised: with its Central European location and 
idyllic setting, the conference is expected to attract many 
delegates.  If you are even _thinking_ of coming, then you are
urged to return the form below: we will then add you to the 
mailing list and keep you posted about any changes in the 
schedule.  Please note the following deadlines:

Abstracts for papers: no later than 1 May 1994;
Final papers: 15th August 1994;

Provisional registration: 1 June 1994 (no charge for cancellation);
Confirmed registration: 1 September 199 (cancellation charged at 50%);
Late registration: 15th September 1994 (no cancellation possible);

Bursaries: as with the combined EuroTeX/TUG meeting at Aston last year,
it is hoped to be able to offer financial assistance to delegates who
would otherwise be unable to attend; of course, we cannot be sure at
this stage that sponsors will be as generous as they were last year,
but intending delegates who will need assistance in order to be able to
attend should indicate in the space provided the _minimum_ bursary
which would allow them to be able to attend, and should give clear
reasons why they are applying.  All applications will be treated in the
strictest confidence.  Delegates who are in no need of a bursary and
who are able to assist others less fortunate are urged to pledge a
donation in the space provided. 

Tutorials and Courses: It is intended to offer both tutorials (which
will take place during the week of the conference proper), and courses
(which will take place during the week following the conference);
proposed topics include book design and LaTeX-2e, but no firm decisions
have yet been taken on topics, durations or costs.  Further details
concerning this area will be circulated as soon as they are known, and
space has been provided on the provisional registration form (below) in
which both to indicate an interest in tutorials/courses and to suggest
possible topics. 

- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the Conference Organisers, EuroTeX '94:
C/o W{\l}odek Bzyl, Department of Mathematics, University of Gdansk, Poland
    E-mail: Wlodek Bzyl (Mathematics) <[email-masked]>

Yes, I hope to attend EuroTeX '94!  Please add my name and address to
your mailing list and keep me posted of developments. 

Name: _____________________________________________________________________

Address: __________________________________________________________________

         __________________________________________________________________

         __________________________________________________________________
       
         __________________________________________________________________

E-mail:  __________________________________________________________________

Phone:   __________________________________________________________________

Fax:     __________________________________________________________________

[Please either complete (where appropriate) or strike through / delete
 each of the following sections] 

[1: proposed paper]

I would like to present a paper entitled __________________________________

___________________________________________________________________________

___________________________________________________________________________

Expected duration including questions (max: 1 1/2 hours) __________________

[2: Special needs]

I have no special dietary needs / am a vegetarian / am a vegan / have

other dietary needs: ______________________________________________________

I am fully mobile / need assistance with __________________________________

___________________________________________________________________________

I would like to share a room with _________________________________________

(or) I would prefer a single room

[3: Bursary scheme]

I am able to cover my own conference expenses / am willing to donate ______

to the Bursary fund / would like to apply for not less than _______________

from the Bursary fund for the following reasons: __________________________

___________________________________________________________________________

___________________________________________________________________________

[4: Tutorials/courses]

(Note: `Tutorials' are usually of one day or less; `courses' are
 usually of  one day or more.  Although no firm decisions have been
 taken at this stage,  it is possible that tutorials will be free of
 charge whilst courses will be charged for.  Every effort will be made
 to ensure that even charged-for courses are affordable and in line
 with local currency values.) 

I would be interested in attending a tutorial or course on one or more

of the following subjects: _________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________

============================================================================
EuroTeX '94  EuroTeX '94   EuroTeX '94   EuroTeX '94   EuroTeX '94   EuroTeX
============================================================================

------------------------------

About TeXhax...

Please send contributions to: [email-masked]

Administration, subscription and unsubscription requests:
  On Internet or JANET:
    send a one line mail message to [email-masked]
        SUBSCRIBE TEX-L <your real name>
        UNSUBSCRIBE TEX-L
  On BITNET:
    send a similar one-line mail message to LISTSERV@nodename

For information on the TeX Users Group, please send a message to
[email-masked], or write TeX Users Group, P.O. Box 869, Santa Barbara,
CA 93102, USA.

Backnumbers of all the digests are stored in the Comprehensive TeX
Archive Network (CTAN) and can be retrieved on the Internet by
anonymous ftp.  
The hosts comprising CTAN include
    ftp.tex.ac.uk (134.151.44.19) -- UK
    ftp.shsu.edu (192.92.115.10)  -- USA
    ftp.dante.de (129.69.1.12)    -- Germany
Please use your nearest server, to keep network load down.

TeXhax Digest issues are kept in

    tex-archive/digests/texhax/YEAR/texhax.ISSUE
    (e.g., /pub/archive/digests/texhax/92/texhax.20)

Keyword-In-Context Indexes are kept in

    tex-archive/digests/indexes/texhaxYY.idx
    (e.g., /pub/archive/digests/indexes/texhax92.idx)

\bye

End of TeXhax Digest [Volume 94 Issue 2]
****************************************