Subject: TeXhax Digest V94 #07
From: [email-masked]
To: TeXhax Distribution: ;
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 1994 12:20:21 +0100

TeXhax Digest    Friday, 19 Aug 1994  Volume 94 : Issue 07

Today's Topics:
                Erratum: IP address for ftp.tex.ac.uk

Administrivia:
    Moderators:    David Osborne and Peter Abbott
    Contributions: [email-masked]
    Subscription and unsubscription requests: [email-masked]
    (message body = "subscribe texhax" or "unsubscribe texhax", [no quotes])

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:    Fri, 19 Aug 1994 11:57:14 +0100
From:    [email-masked]
Subject: Erratum: IP address for ftp.tex.ac.uk

A few people noticed that the IP address given for ftp.tex.ac.uk in
the trailer of the previous issue was incorrect, now that the UK CTAN
host has relocated from Aston University to Cambridge.  It was thought
that this error should be pointed out promptly, before the usual few
weeks elapse until the next issue.  The correct address is shown in
the trailer below.  Of course, everyone should be using domain names
and getting nameservers to look up the addresses, right?

My thanks to Malcolm Clark <[email-masked]>, Martyn Johnson
<[email-masked]> and Robin Fairbairns
<[email-masked]> for being so eagle-eyed,
and my apologies to anyone inconvenienced by the error.

~~David Osborne (TeXhax Digest moderator)

------------------------------
About TeXhax...

Please send contributions to: [email-masked]

Subscription and unsubscription requests:
    send a one line mail message to [email-masked]
        subscribe texhax
        unsubscribe texhax

To obtain the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) lists for TeX, send a
message with no subject to [email-masked], consisting of
SENDME FAQ

For information on the TeX Users Group, please send a message to
[email-masked], or write TeX Users Group, P.O. Box 869, Santa Barbara,
CA 93102, USA.

Backnumbers of all the digests are stored in the Comprehensive TeX
Archive Network (CTAN) and can be retrieved on the Internet by
anonymous ftp.

The hosts comprising CTAN include
    ftp.dante.de (129.69.1.12)   -- Germany
    ftp.shsu.edu (192.92.115.10) -- USA
    ftp.tex.ac.uk (128.232.1.87) -- UK
Please use your nearest server, to keep network load down.
The file /tex-archive/CTAN.sites on each of these hosts gives a
list of other sites which maintain full or partial mirrors of the CTAN.

TeXhax Digest issues are kept in
    tex-archive/digests/texhax/YEAR/texhax.ISSUE
    (e.g., /pub/archive/digests/texhax/92/texhax.20)

Keyword-In-Context Indexes are kept in
    tex-archive/digests/indexes/texhaxYY.idx
    (e.g., /pub/archive/digests/indexes/texhax92.idx)

\bye

End of TeXhax Digest [Volume 94 Issue 7]
****************************************